Sacred Heart parish operated a High School from 1918 through the mid 1970's.
Though the high school has been closed for some years, the high school community
remains part of both our history and our parish today.
In 1992, a few members of the SH Class of 1957, approached then-Pastor Jim Kenneally
in order to use the parish mailing privileges to send out a newsletter to alumni
from their graduating class.
Fr. Kenneally supported the idea but nudged the group to go a step beyond a
single class effort. By his suggestion, the group opened their efforts to all
Sacred Heart graduates and formed an Alumni Association. A nonprofit group was
formed under the parish umbrella, with the purpose to promote Catholic education
and friendship amongst graduates and former students of Sacred Heart School.
A first newsletter was issued in 1996. The publication included a warm
invitation to all classes to join and share news of their post-graduation lives
and class activities. Graduates started to meet yearly during Dearborn Homecoming
Weekend, inviting new members to join. With tax deductible dues of $5.00 per year,
members can choose to receive the yearly alumni publication, The Excalibur, by mail